Readers

Monday, June 2, 2014

Life is All Around Us

Have you ever seen your plant move?
My aloe has really grown in the last six months,

 I had set it on a table in the corner of my living room during the winter months. That window had the best light exposure.
As I was watering it one day I realized it had really stretched itself to the left trying to reach for more winter  sunlight.
 We were getting ready to have some new window blinds installed so I picked it up and moved it onto a stool in my studio.
 Setting In this position the sunlight was to its right. ( the left side of the photo)

In two days the main stem of the plant had moved from facing the wall to the position it is in this photo.
 I should have taken a photo of it everyday so you could see how much it moved during the course of one day.
Everyday I would walk up the stairs to my studio and find that my aloe had moved just a bit more than the previous day.
It was an amazing thing to see. There is so much life force around us that we are so blind to.

Watching this wonderful phenomenon made me truly aware of the life force of Gaia, Mother Earth.

1 comment:

Samantha Stephens said...

Everything needs a little change, it helps us grow. Sometimes we grow and transform, sometimes we just need to stretch. Love the owls - your blog is beautiful. Congrats on 39 years!