Readers

Thursday, December 12, 2013

What Day Is This? Moving Time Warp......

We closed on Tuesday the 12th of November, moved in our new home on 13th and ever since we have been up to our armpits in boxes, boxes and more boxes.
We unpack and sort the piles of stuff till we're dropping from exhaustion , head off to bed , drop off to sleep like rocks and get up the next day and start the process all over again.

My new kitchen has 1/4th the amount of cabinet space that my previous house had. I get the cabinets arranged, unpack a few more boxes and have to rearrange the cabinets again. It's a constant puzzle.
 As I make decisions about what items stay and what items go, I've noticed I have  this really  good feeling of being lighter, being less encumbered and freer of having to care for and look after all these things.


Dec. 12th, 2013
It's been a month today since we moved into our" little doll house"( that's how hubby refers to it).
And after all the fits and starts , good things are happening.
Under this December's waxing moon, I  have blessed our new home and have visualized  my roots growing deep here.

As soon as I get a working camera, I'll be posting pics from my new neighborhood.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you're settling in! It's hard to downsize but worth it in the long run.

Laura said...

so glad your move went well. i have a tiny kitchen in my house and one of the things i'm going to require in my new place is a larger kitchen. just so i have room to move around!
blessings
~*~

Samantha Stephens said...

Welcome Home! I hope all is well with you and yours. It's good to see you blogging - you inspire me.