Readers

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Setting Up My Altar

I prefer a Northern/Earth position for my altar. Even though I am a Pisces and a water lover, I feel very close to Mother Earth. I've always been a barefoot type of woman.

Here in my new studio, I have a window that faces south, a repurposed dresser for storing my art supplies setting against a western wall and my sewing machine cabinet that sets against a northern wall.
The dresser has a good surface for all my altar items but I'm feeling drawn to the Northern wall and my sewing machine cabinet.
How do you decide where to place your altar?




Photo of My Altar In Our Previous Home

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I figure an altar honours all four directions so it doesn't matter where the altar itself is. Glad you're settling in to your new home! Winter solstice blessings to you and your family!

Laura said...

i have a lot of altars, and place them where they seem to fit based on who/what it's for.
happy solstice!
blessings
~*~

Paulette said...

Hi Debra and Laura,
Thank you for the kind thoughts and comments.
I'm always glad to hear from you.