Readers

Friday, October 4, 2013

Sipping Cider


My First Ever Glass of Cider, Summer of 2012
After I had my first taste of cider last summer I wanted to try more kinds.
 My eldest son suggested I might like the Angry Orchard Brand.

Thus began my search. 
After I came across the cider at my local grocery store, I tried their Apple Ginger Cider and really liked it.

The Angry Orchard website is really great. I suggest you go and visit it.
While I was wandering around the orchard I came across their cocktail  list.
 They have a lot of great recipes I want to try.

I thought this one sounded great.

The President
  1. 1/2 oz. raspberry liqueur
  2.  1/2 oz. orange liqueur
  3. 2 orange slices
  4. 8 oz. Angry Orchard Apple Ginger
Muddle orange slices in pint glass.
Fill glass with ice. Add liqueurs and cider.
Pour in to mixing cup and back in to glass. Garnish with orange slice.

Serving Suggestion: 
Make a large batch to serve as punch.

angryorchard.com


p.s. I just love those labels with the wicked looking trees on their bottles.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't know that I've ever had hard cider. Speaking of cider, have you ever read the novel or seen the movie called "The Cider House Rules"? It's good.