Readers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Synchronicity At Work


Hera's Bird, The Peacock
Synchronicity, A term coined by Jung to refer to his theory of meaningful coincidence, according to which psychic and physical events that do not stand in any discernible causal relationship may nevertheless be connected through the same meaning.

It occurred to me today that one must be aware and not ignore as happenstance or"just" coincidence the  signs sent from the Goddesses.
I've been wrestling with some issues lately trying to find my path and figure out where or what I'm suppose to be doing and/or going next.
I have been soliciting guidance from my patroness Goddesses, Athene, Hera and Hecate.

Hubby and I have gotten into the habit of an afternoon drive in the countryside. We have a route we follow. We love watching the seasons change the landscape as well as seeing what new developments have cropped up on the farms and homesteads we pass.
There is an urban farm of sorts we look forward to viewing. The home has a tall wire fence around it's property line. Slowly over time the owners have added goats,chickens, a cow and Guinea hens

     One day the guinea hens had escaped the fence and were pecking along the side of the road. It's made us take notice and be cautious when we near their property just in case there is an escapee or two.

Recently on a Thursday, Hera's day , I was thinking of her and asking for guidance. I asked for some small sign that I had chosen the correct course of action. That afternoon we took our usual drive and as we neared the urban farmer's property, Hubby said "Would you look at that! There's a peacock on the side of the road!!
There it was in all it's beautiful glory, strutting grandly along. We slowed down and looked at him as we passed. He was so beautiful, the blue of his feathers was amazing.
 I laughed to myself. Hera had given me my sign!
I mean really how many times does one see a peacock on the side of the road?
 It was the first time for me!
I had never seen a peacock there at that farm and I haven't since.



Athena





And just yesterday, I had been thinking of Athena and wishing that I could have a sign that the next step in our life will lead us to the Nashville, TN area and I would have the opportunity of becoming a docent at the Parthenon, Athena's temple which is located there.
Hubby records classic three and four star movies from the Movie channel during the day and we usually end up watching them in the evenings.
 He had recorded the old war movie, The Guns of Navarone, starring Gregory Peck.
 I was surprised that the opening scenes of the movie are of the Parthenon and the Kore, those classic Greek Ladies who hold up the Temple roof  and a view showing a statue of Athena.

I was smiling from ear to ear.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hecate's next! Watch out for a three way crossroads, a brightly burning torch or lamp but I wouldn't hold my breath to see a three-headed dog.

Paulette said...

Hi Debra,
There was a two headed turtle on the news the other day, so......I'm not counting out a three headed dog yet:)