Readers

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Halloween Card Treasure Box





I've been busy working on creating my Halloween Card Treasure box.
 I began by painting the shoebox with white gesso. After it had dried I gave the box a coat of pumpkin colored acrylic paint.
I decided to use a 100%  black paisley print cotton fabric and batting while preparing the bottom insides of the treasure box.
Having my heavy antiques irons as weights during the glue drying process sure came in handy.
To cover the  small sides and the underside of the box's top I used a couple of scrap booking papers I had purchased last year. Because I had some size discrepancy I did a little" MacGivering" using scull and Happy Halloween printed black satin ribbons.

To decorate the top of the box I glued down pieces of Halloween themed paper napkins I had saved with gel medium. I also used some black and white printed vintage photo copies.
I added some stickers, paper flowers, a scrap of wrapping paper and a strip of pumpkin tape to complete the picture.
To facilitate opening the box I attached a piece of black grosgrain ribbon with a gold brad to the underside lip of the lid to the box.


I haven't decided if I will add anymore decoration to the bottom of the box or leave as is.
When everything is thoroughly dried I will concentrate on if I will need to create some card dividers or not.

Hurrah!!
I think I've started August off with a Halloween Bang.
Let's see......... what will I need to create next?

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, it's absolutely exquisite! You are a very talented crafter.

Paulette said...

( imagine me with skirt in hand and bowing)
Thank you so very much, Debra.

Celia said...

Love your box!!

Paulette said...

Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to meet another Halloween Addict.