Readers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Tickle of Fall Fever Has Started .....And It Is So Early Yet!



Driving home from visiting our children in Texas , I spotted an antique truck on the back of a trailer. It had black painted fire swooshes on the hood and side fenders. The rest of the truck was painted in a pumpkin orange.
It made me smile.
It also gave me a craving for Fall-Halloween in all it's colorful glory.
 Suddenly I was seeing black and orange color combinations everywhere from a newly painted vintage southern  gas station ,to signs on the road and  soda bottles lined up in an antique shop's windows.


I have been telling myself , Get a grip, it isn't even August yet for pity's sake!!

I may have to go rummage through my Halloween boxes......

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The heart wants what the heart wants, LOL!

Samantha Stephens said...

This morning during the weather report it was announced that we are 'losing' two minutes of daylight every day. Still it was hot here today... but I have hope autumn is coming (or maybe just hope that summer is leaving?). Love it! We are about to enter my favorite time of year.

Danni said...

Oh, me too! I'm in such anticipation of fall this year it isn't even funny. I'm trying to fight off the urge to deck out the house in pumpkins and owls and leave the summer decor up a bit longer... but once Lughnasadh happens... I don't know that I'll be able to continue!

Btw, I am so envious of those Tim Burton playing cards! How wonderful.

Paulette said...

The weather has been on the cool side here in my neck of the woods.
It's been nice but it's not helping my Fall Fever.
Thanks Ladies for your kind comments.