Readers

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wren Report

The wrens hatched last week. Dad and Mom were busy doing a little bug foraging.
 Here Mister is bringing a tasty morsel to the Little Woman. This was during the incubation stage. He would feed her and then fly over to my arching trellis and sing opera to her.
Watching them feed and tend the babies has been fun and educational.
The kids are getting big. Today I saw them peeping out of the bird house. I counted three little open mouths.
I think it will not be to long before they try their wings.
Pineapple Scented Geranium and Coleus
Handmade Pentacle Stepping Stone and Owl Carved Rock

Lavender, Pinks, Rosemary Red Geraniums, Winter savory, Lemon Balm , Sage, St. John's Wort, Thyme, Chives and
Rose Scented Geraniums
It's been a little difficult to find a time when I can  water and work in my herbs. The Wrens get excited and sound a heated repeated tskk at me.
But I discovered if I stay low to the ground and not look at them, they'll tolerate me for a short while.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They grow up so fast, those babies, don't they? Your yard looks great!

Paulette said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my "yard".
We live in a small zero lot line neighborhood. The end of my mulch bed and slated patio is also the end of my yard.
But our common area is large and lovely and we have a great walking path.