Readers

Friday, April 26, 2013

Threefold Wisdom of The Tree

Beech Tree
Leaf Wisdom- of change, ever releasing
Branch Wisdom- of growth, ever reaching
Root Wisdom- of endurance, ever deepening



     Rediscover the majesty of trees and appreciate the wonder of these magnificent giants.
In the woods one can't help but feel part of the natural world. And with these feelings comes the self realization of returning to Source, to the Divine.
    One comes to know that the integrity of ones spiritual life is intimately bound to the integrity of the natural world.
     Trees provide a gateway into a wider world of Spirit and magic. Like music trees speak to something deep and primal within us. They can help us open our souls to the power and spirit of Earth's rhythms.

A walk in the woods makes it easy to understand the awe and reverence our ancestors had for trees.
We humans share a symbiotic relationship with trees. As we breathe , we take oxygen into our bodies and it becomes a part of us. Trees produce the oxygen we take in.
We breathe out carbon dioxide; the trees take it into their beings and it becomes a part of them. Through this biological connection of breath, humans sense the spark of life that we hold in common with the trees.
Trees became part of the human spiritual and cultural traditions, as well as one of  the most powerful symbols that embody life.
Trees are constant reminders of the cycle of life, death and rebirth. They seem imbued with magic because they simultaneously dwell  in the three realms of heaven, earth and underworld.




As I study Sandra Kynes book, The Lore & Magic of Trees, Whispers from the Woods, I felt the need to create a working notebook. I like using the good ole standby composition notebook. It's sturdy and the pages are sewn into the spine. Plus the price is right.
 I covered my book with cotton cloth that I sun printed using leaves as my  printing objects, acrylic painted and hand stitched.


I have saved paper clippings and scraps with tree and leaf images that I thought I would use in my collages.  Instead , I'll be using them in my Tree Notebook.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your tree notebook is a terrific idea!

Paulette said...

Thanks, Debra.
Being a mixed media artist, I'm always looking for ways to enhance my writings, altered art books, paintings whatever...
I guess I never stopped liking to cut and paste:)