Readers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Three Years and A Day


It's been three years and one day since I began my journey on the Path.
Three years and it feels so short of a time. I have learned much about herbs, stones, candles, the goddesses and gods. Plus so much more. I realize that the more I learn the more I know that I need to learn.

I've been preparing for my Self Dedication Ritual for several weeks now.  The anniversary date was coming up and when I realized the date would fall in the New Moon. I was took it as a sign.

The core of my Dedication Ceremony I took from S. Ravenwolf's book Hedge Witch.
 I crafted a special Dedication Candle as instructed in the book.
 Taking white Sculpey  polymer clay I made a Full Moon faced and two Crescent Moon  faced beads. I tied them together with green linen macrame thread.
Using big black colored bead head straight pins and hot wax, I secured the three moons to the side of the candle. Keeping in the hedge witch colors, I worked with a golden colored candle, white moon beads, black bead head straight pins. The only color I lacked was green ,so I hot waxed two silk green ivy leaves just behind the Moons.
One is also instructed to find or create a golden colored bottle that has a stopper to be used as the Power Potion bottle in the ceremony. I had purchased a bottle but I felt lead to create one.
I glazed with gold acrylic paint a nice fat little bottle with cork stopper I had saved away. I then strung a little garland of beads consisting of green glass leaf beads, black triangle beads and gold leaf beads. I used small white pearl beads as spacers.
In working the thirteen rituals in S.R's book one is creating a  personal sigil for each. I chose to put my sigils on small pebbles which I use as runes.
Working the ritual was empowering and magickal. I have stepped through the gate.

From this day forward I pledge to study the ways of herbal witchery for the betterment of myself and others on my life journey.
Honor is the law. Love is the bond.
So be it!

I am happy and filled with joy!

3 comments:

Padhopper® said...

The more I learn, the more I feel I need to learn as well. Bright Blessings on your Herbal path.

Padhopper® said...

I feel the same way about this path. Just as soon as I digest something, I feel I need to digest so much more. That's how I know I am on the right path. Nothing else in my life, has stirred that desire.

Bright Blessings on your Herbal Witch path.

Paulette said...

Thank you, Padhopper for your kind words. It's nice to know there is a kindren fellow seeker out there.