Readers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Studying Tarot Cards/ The Fool


Aine over at deepestwell.blogspot.com is giving a tarot course.
Synchronicity has been at work again in my life.  I was searching through my art magazines looking for a creative spark. I wanted to find some inspiration for a new art project.
I came a cross an art project concerning the creating of  a diptych.
 Finding my subject and then creating the piece lead me to playing cards, which lead me to the history of playing cards, which in turn lead me to tarot cards and their history.
It felt like I have been walking on stepping stones down a path I needed take to a subject I needed to learn.
 When I discovered Aine was leading a Tarot Course I knew I needed to sign up and follow along.

The Fool card suggests a novice at the start of his journey. He walks forth facing pitfalls of which he is unaware. His dog at his heels is primal and watches for signs that tell him there may be danger ahead. While The Fool maybe well aware of the dangers of his actions, there is another stronger urge that pushes him to begin or continue his journey.'
The Fool stage is often life changing. The card may represent the seeker or someone in the seekers life. It can heralded a major life change, a decision or an opportunity that is about to appear.
Whatever it maybe it requires faith, trust and  determination to see it through.

Questions asked:

1) Are you or is someone you know like the Fool?
2) How do you feel about the energy of the Fool? Would you like to be more like the Fool or do you see him as a dreamer unable to makeup his mind, stay on the path and see thing to the end?
3)Have there been times when you have behaved like the Fool?
4)Are there any characters in books or movies, celebrities or other famous people who you think as having a "Fool" personality?

I recognize that I have a lot of the Fool in me. There are many aspects that I immediately related to. I enjoy trying new adventures and situations.  And I too have let myself get entangled in predicaments that I knew were not good but I blundered on.  The problems that occurred because of those actions I deeply regret.

 As I have aged I have learned that having the adventurous side of the Fool is not wrong. One must temper the enthusiasm of the Fool with the thoughtfulness of being prepared for possible problems along the way.

As far as identifying Fool characters in books or movies,  right off hand I think of the character Dorthy in the book The Wizard of Oz.
She puts herself into a situation and then must work herself out of it with no knowledge of what pitfalls she  or faces or what her talents truly are


.deepestwell.blogspot.ca/2012/11/crow-tarot-course-this-is-first.html#links


4 comments:

Victoria said...

Super lovely post..beautifully written! I love the fool card..for me it has always carried deep magic..new discovery and always sends me upon new intuitive adventures! Beautiful post!
Victoria

Paulette said...

Thank you Victoria for your kind comment.

Padhopper® said...

I really need to get back into reading Tarot. My deck was amazing to me, it spoke to me from the very first night, that I placed it under my pillow. Of course, all that changed when I lost a card. GAH! Sooooo, I am on the hunt for a new deck.

Paulette said...

@Padhopper,
Sorry you lost a card. What card was it and did it have any significance to your life/path? I don't need an answer to that question I just thought it might help you to look at the situation from a different angle.
Maybe you'll find another deck that speaks to you.