Readers

Friday, December 21, 2012

Yule/ A Shifting in Time


There have been postings dealing with this sense of being cocooned with sadness and dread with a touch of apathy. Much talk about the Mayan predictions coupled with the horrible killing of innocents and leaders who don't lead has put many in a gloomy funk.
  I've been walking around with a cloud on my shoulder and an under current of a dam of tears threatening to break.
I'm having a hard time getting into an Xmasy mood.

But yesterday I had some time to myself .  I celebrated Yule a little early by snipping a few branches of holly from my bush and a few sprigs from the little pine out back. We were having a small break in the weather from our passing rain showers. The branches were all wet with a fresh clean smell.
I set up my altar , meditated then performed a  small Yule ritual.
I felt better knowing that today at 6:12 am EST Gaia, Mother Earth, would stand still for a blip in time and then she would begin to move again and  the light would grow.
Tonight I will light candles and make silent wishes for a peaceful heart for all, love to soothe tired souls and    strength to handle what ever comes our way.

1 comment:

Danni said...

I can relate so well to these words. Many blessings to you, Paulette. May your heart find ease. <3