Readers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Sweet Annie, A Page From Ruby Temple Blackchurch's Journal

December 20, 1905





 My dreams were fitful last night.
 I dreamt I was lost in a dark thick forest and couldn't find my way.
Just when I had almost given up hope I heard the whisper of a young girl saying, "Ruby, come take my hand. I'll show you the way."
I turned and saw this lovely little barefoot girl in a white off the shoulder gown. Her long dark hair was parted down the middle of her head and it cascaded over her shoulders and fell into soft waves at her waist.
She walked up to me and took my hand in hers. When we touched I immediately felt calm and safe.

She began to lead  me thorough the trees and out of the darkness.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"My name is Annie.    Sweet Annie", she replied.
She tugged on my arm and pulled me down to kneel at her level.
" I will show you things and tell you secrets," she whispered with a giggle in my ear.
"You seem so familiar," I told her.
She just laughed and let go of my hand.
The sun was shining in my eyes.  I could no longer make her out from the wavering lines and flickering shadows in the glare.
"Annie, Annie, where are you? I called and called.
The sun was so bright!
I awoke.

No comments: