Readers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hooray For Halloween




There's been a drop in the temperatures around here. We're no longer having 90-100 degree days. Some rain has come through, not enough to quench the drought conditions but enough to bring back some green to the lawns.
Some schools in our area began last week, so with these cooler temps and breezes, it's beginning to feel like Fall to me.  My Halloween fever has been taken a notch up and I decided it was time to break out my collection of Halloween magazines and greeting cards. I have over 15 magazines, those pictured are just a drop in the bucket. I'm always looking for more when I'm out shopping.  The same goes for Halloween cards, I'm particularly drawn to the vintage ones.
Just thumbing through them while sitting on the couch after supper , I start getting pumped up. Last year I had bookmarked a couple of art pieces I wanted to try. This year I'm going to do them.


While at my local Micheals store I found some great ribbon with skulls on it.

I've pulled out the little altered art Halloween book I began last year and I've completed two page spreads in it.

I was wondering how everyone else with Halloween fever copes with their condition.?

2 comments:

Dragonfly J said...

Ooh I'm so jealous of the Halloween stuff and Autumn magazines you get in the USA, they look fab, as does your Halloween journal book.

I've left you a blog award on my blog Witchery Grove if you would like it.
http://witcherygrove.blogspot.co.uk/

jaz@octoberfarm said...

yay for halloween!!!