Readers

Monday, September 12, 2011

September Harvest Moon

Last September I was visiting my Sister-in-law in Santa Fe N.M during the Full Moon. I had never until then watched the Moon rise from the horizon. Living and growing up in the Midwest there's always been trees, house tops and other buildings that have obstructed my view.
But watching Selene rise above the Sangre De Cristo mountain range was breath taking. She peeked over the mountains in all her golden glory.  When she cleared the mountains Anita and I toasted her with a wonderful white wine that tasted just like a crisp Granny Smith apple.
Yesterday, my husband , brother, sister-in-law and I were sitting on the porch of the little cabin we had rented for the weekend in Gatlinburg Tennessee, drinking wine, sharing good conversation and watching Selene making her September debut again.

1 comment:

Auroran Lauriel said...

What a gorgeous moment. The view is magnificent!