Readers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Lighting a Candle

When ever this time of year rolls around, I find myself having very mixed emotions.
I'm high with the feel, sight and smell of autumn. The sun seems kinder and the wind is delightful blowing across my skin and ruffling my hair as it passes.  The plants and trees are showing off their fruit from their summer labors.
But, I know the days are getting shorter and winter will be arriving soon. I notice a small whisper of sadness floating among all those wonderful smells of Fall.
So today I'll light a candle and think of all the things that I am grateful for and go out and enjoy this day what ever it may hold for me.

1 comment:

Moncha said...

You are so very right !!! The last sunny days are to be enjoyed fully.
We had a wonderful day today too and I have spent a lot of it outside.
Have a magical day.