Readers

Friday, August 26, 2011

Walnut Leaves

There's something in the air lately. Can you feel it?
The Walnut trees in my small neighborhood have begun to shed a few leaves while their walnuts fall, thunk and plop on the ground. If you aren't use to hearing the walnuts fall it gives you a bit of a start when one thuds beside or behind you.  Sometimes I think the trees are playing a game of "See how many times you can make her jump"  and giggling with branches swaying.
Even though the temps are still warm, the sky looks different. It's a different sort of pale icy blue that whispers   "Fall" to me.
I picked up one of the fallen walnut leaves and drew it in my sketchbook.
My next goal is to figure out how to make walnut ink from the husks of the walnuts.

2 comments:

Moncha said...

Such a wonderful drawing. Beautiful colours.
Have a magical day.

Auroran Lauriel said...

Just had to supersize this to get a better look-see and you've done a wonderful job on the details and blending color. I like your choice for the background color too--a lovely contrast to the yellow tones of the leaf.