Readers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Spell Box- Halloween Count Down




Last Fall I purchased a wooden box/book. It was covered with  a ripped grayish colored  muslin and a label on the spine that reads Poems. Actually it was ugly but I could see it had potential and the price was right. It went into my shopping cart with the promise of a make over.

I retrieved it from storage a couple of weeks ago and began the process of recreating it into a snazzy Halloween decoration.
First I painted it with a bright orange acrylic paint and am painting black borders around the edges as I go. I completed the front cover yesterday.
Now I'm working on the spine and back cover.

6 comments:

Moncha Eilis said...

It looks wonderful. I love the decorations !!
Have a magical day.

Kim said...

Oooh, I love how your box turned out! It's fun taking old junk and turning it into something useful and pretty. Nice job! :)

Paulette said...

Thanks ladies for the nice comments. It's still a work in progress. I'm finishing the spine and back cover now.

Paulette

goddessandmagick said...

i have to make one of these books!!!! Thanks for the idea and pictures!!!Andrea

Paulette said...

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for stopping by.
I love and read your blog often.

If you have a Hobby Lobby or a Micheals store in your area you might be able to locate one of these storage boxes/ books. If not Micheals has paper box/ books you can decorate.

Happy creating.
Paulette

intothedawn said...

It looks fantastic! What will you use it for when its done?