Readers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Yesterday we had Sunshine!
I had gone to the Garden shop on Sunday and had bought some of the herbs I want to plant this year. I picked up oregano, lemon thyme, lavender, a big pot of rosemary and two large hot red geraniums.
I also found a large metal wall hanging of the Sun and Moon combined.
My garden area is quite small. We live in a zero lot line neighborhood. That means the houses here fill up their lots to the point that in some places the houses are as close as six feet apart. There is hardly any side yard and almost no backyards.  It's an empty nester neighborhood where all the outside yard maintenance is done for you. We do have a lot of common area and it has been left in its natural state. Our small neighborhood was built on old farm land and there is a lot of mature trees, wonderful witchy trees such as ash, walnut , oak, maple, mulberry, willow and elder.
My small garden originally had the usual house shrubs planted around it and in it. Overtime I've slowly moved the bushes and plants around to other areas. Finally this year I moved the last bit out and it's taking shape as my Kitchen Herb garden.
I've been taking some photos and will be posting them soon.

No comments: